Welcome to Aikido RVA
Thank you for visiting Aikido RVA is where adults practice aikido techniques for self defense purposes. We know that the decision to take self defense classes can be daunting.
Aikido Self Defense Classes
Self-defense is defined as the right to prevent suffering force or violence through the use of a sufficient level of counteracting force or violence. Because of the scalability of Aikido, it is one of the most effective forms of martial arts that can be used for self defense purposes as well as teach what is a sufficient level of force or violence when defending oneself. As you continue to search through our website you will be provided with information about Aikido RVA and the style of Aikido that is practiced at out dojo, which is Suenaka-Ha Tetsugako -Ho Aikido.
After viewing our website and you have other questions please feel free to contact us (804) 537-0526, email us at our contact page or stop and visit us. We are located at Gym Quest, 2196 Lanier Lane Rockville, Va 23143
We are one of two dojos in the metro Richmond area sanctioned by Sensei Roy Y. Suenaka, to train in this style of Aikido. Also visit Brandermill Aikido Club , which is headed by Sensei Christine Golden.
Benefits of Aikido Training
Aikido participants experience many benefits from regular training:
- better physical and mental health
- better ability to manage conflict and stress
- improved quality of life
- more energy
- better posture and balance
- improved physical fitness, stamina, balance, flexibility, coordination, strength and resilience
- heightened self-confidence, concentration and alertness
- increased self-awareness and self-knowledge
- increased interpersonal awareness through the cultivation of compassion for others